Join The European Blues Union
These are the main goals of the European Blues Union:
- to promote blues in Europe;
- to promote the global significance and reputation of European blues and roots music across the world, and in particular in Europe;
- to encourage international exchanges and co-operation among the European blues festivals or other similar organisations;
- to set up educational programs and to promote blues in schools;
- to organize events, awards, etc.
Support the EBU activities by becoming a member (or renew your membership)
You will find more details in our Membership Rules
Membership For Fans
Go to: Membership Form For Fans
Join us as a blues fan:
- EBU fan: 20,00 EUR membership fee. You will receive access to the EBU newsletter.
The membership as a EBU fan under the age of 18 years is free.
Membership For Active Members
Join us as a blues professional and become an active member:
- 100,00 EUR membership fee per year for individuals and small business/associations. Individual members and small business/associations will receive 1 free festival pass ticket for the annual European Blues Challenge for both nights.
- 200,00 EUR membership fee per year for large business/associations organizations, including 2 free festival pass tickets for the annual European Blues Challenge for both nights.
Members who generate a general turnover or receipts, subsidies included, of 15.000,00 EUR or more during the financial year previous to the application for admission are to be considered as a “large” business/association.
As an active member you will also have:
- access to the news letter of the association
- a free banner on the country webpage (contact your country responsible or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Travel For Fans special 50 EUR discount on all 2016 trips!
- The Blues magazine special discount!
Starting in 2015 we have a new EBU service related to our website. This is a special e-mail contact address serving all your potential inquiries relating to Blues in Europe:email@example.com
To be able to join the European Blues Union as an active member, the candidate must at least fulfil one of the following conditions:
- perform or promote music both in his home country and in other countries, with the emphasis on blues and roots music;
- represent a blues association, festival, a concert promoter, a booking agency, a radio or TV show or a magazine (on paper or on the internet), whose activity concentrates on blues and roots music;
- be well informed about the blues & roots music and musical life of his own country or region, or be in a position to provide information and materials on blues musicians, composers, the blues & roots music and musical life of his home country or region.